Social ResponsibilityNCC Apparel is acutely aware of its social responsibility, and acts accordingly. We have established principled working conditions in our own factories and workplaces, and insist these same standards be adhered to by the various suppliers and manufacturers with whom we partner.
We advocate that:
- No child labour be used
- No illegal workers or forced labour be used
- No prison labour be used
- Workers must be treated with respect independent of religion, race, gender, political opinion or social origin
- Overtime must be voluntary and according to local laws
- Social compliance – by way of independent factory audits which includes Modern Slavery
Environmental StatementNCC Apparel is committed to ensuring our operations locally and overseas do not affect the environment adversely.
We are committed to:
- Complying with regulations, legislation and community standards
- Adhering to Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Maintaining processes to ensure efficient use of energy and resources
- Continually striving to reduce power consumption
- Exercising best practices in recycling and waste minimisation
- Ensuring environmental responsibilities are clearly communicated and upheld
Work Health & Safety PolicyNCC Apparel is committed to foster a workplace culture across all business operations where safety is considered a core value, safe behaviour is encouraged and respected, and continual improvement is considered to be part of normal business practice.
We strive to realise this through:Ensuring occupational health and safety issues are considered an integral part of the way we do business.Encourage appropriate consultation with all relevant stakeholders on health and safety policies and standards, ensuring that these are communicated and observed.Establishing appropriate objectives and targets; continuously monitoring and benchmarking these to identify opportunities for continual improvement.Implementing risk management systems to identify, assess, monitor and control workplace risks and hazards.Maintaining a program of education and training, to enhance the skill levels and safety awareness of all staff.The compliance of all applicable occupational health and safety laws, regulations, statutory obligations, client and industry requirements.NCC Apparel has implemented a COVID-19 Safety Plan to foster an enhanced hygiene and sanitation culture for all employees, courier drivers or visitors who may have need to visit our premises. Record keeping and contact tracing measures have been established in accordance with DHHS and government regulations.
NCC Ethical Sourcing Statement
NCC is committed to an ethical and transparent approach to manufacturing, ensuring effective systems and controls are in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery within our business operations or our supply chain. We are committed to working with our suppliers to help improve their labour and environmental practices.
This statement outlines the steps NCC takes to mitigate modern slavery or human trafficking within our business or supply chain. Our Ethical Sourcing Policy is drawn from the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) and International Labour Organisation (ILO) conventions and forms part of the commitment and agreement that we have with our supply chain.
As part of our process, all suppliers are required to agree to our NCC Apparel Pty Ltd Ethical Sourcing Policy and supply independent periodic audit assessments and based on the findings of these audits may be required to undertake corrective actions.
We work with our suppliers to ensure that they have a clear understanding of NCC’s expectations and support the ethical standards set out in our Ethical Sourcing Policy.
Our internal policies ensure we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner and include:
- The NCC Apparel Pty Ltd Ethical Sourcing Policy is signed by our suppliers and explains the way we behave as an organisation and how we expect our suppliers to act. All suppliers including any subcontractors engaged by our suppliers must agree to and abide by our code of conduct.
- Reporting done by 3rd party auditors for all manufacturing facilities that are used to produce our orders.
New Supplier due diligence checks:
- Before engaging with a new supplier, NCC Apparel conducts due diligence checks on all potential partners, and any disclosed subcontractors
- This due diligence includes a factory assessment and an audit assessment which include a review of working conditions and building safety.
Approved Supplier list:
- NCC maintains an approved supplier list and any supplier that is not approved may not be used for any stage our production.
In addition to the above, we require all existing suppliers to confirm to us that:
- There is no contradiction to the NCC code of conduct in any area of a supplier’s operation, including subcontractors.
- We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery or a breach of any human rights issues come to light.
NCC is committed to upholding human rights, fair working conditions and environmental protection.